Sunday, December 21, 2014

A Very Merry Steampunk Holiday Blog Hop

 
 

I love decorating the tree during the holidays and you know that I love Steampunk.  The idea of doing a tree from gears popped into my head back in October and I just had to see if I could do it. I used my gears die, which has become one of my favorite dies, to get the shape of the tree. Then, I used a pearlescent cardstock to stamp some of my favorite ornaments stamps onto and die cut them out to decorate it.  The silver color of that cardstock really makes the gears stand out, don't you think? 

I created this tree several months ago and recently found some fabulous gear letters that I am going to add to it.  I just haven't had time yet with the busy holiday season.  I've laid this piece aside until the letters are added and I decide if I want to put it into a frame or use it as the front cover for a journal.  What do you think I should do with it? 

Thanks for stopping by and hopping with all of us on the Leslierahye's Very Merry Steampunk Holiday Blog Hop.  Be sure to check out all of the fabulous creations on the hop by using the list below.

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous tree peg! I do love the little ornaments. I think it would be a great journal cover. Or a cover for your holiday card address book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peg creative minds think alike... I love your gear tree!!!! Happy Steampunk Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I think this would look lovely either in a frame or on an art journal's cover. Great job!

    ReplyDelete