Saturday, October 25, 2014

Very Spooky Halloween Steampunk Blog Hop....Things That Fly Steampunk Style


Leslie Rahye's photo.

 
 

Halloween is one of my favorite times of year.  What better way to start off the holiday season then with a good scare?  I am so excited to be able to be a part of leslierahye's 4th Annual Very Spooky Halloween Blog Hop. 

One of the aspects of Steampunk is focused on things that fly so for this Halloween project I not only went with Steampunk flying machines with this stamp, but also bats and even pumpkins.  Yes, pumpkins.  They can fly using a trebuchet which is made up of what else....gears and now we're back to another aspect of Steampunk.  How fun is that? 

I am one that finds bats spooky.  I don't really know why, but I do so I just had to include them in this very spooky project as something that flies.  I, also, am one that does not like to fly and is afraid of heights so even thinking of flying in an airship such as these scares me.  Feet firmly on the ground is what I like.  I have to admit that this has become one of my favorite stamps because of the details in it. 

That's it for the spooky in this Halloween post.  Thanks for joining me and be sure to stop by all of the blogs in the hop to see all of the fabulous creations! 




Happy hopping and happy creating! ~Peg

10 comments:

  1. Very fun stamp and I love your flying pumpkins and bats. Not so sure I'd go up in one of those contraptions either. Yikes! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not argue with your logic.
    Yes, pumpkins can fly!
    Wonderful steampunk card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece. Love the image you used and the fun elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page! Love the sketch quality, so intricate. Great background!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the images in the scene on your card. Like the shimmer of the gears and bats!!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great stamp, Peg. Love how you used it on your card! So glad to hop along with you today.

    ReplyDelete