Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Baskets, Papers and Flowers....All of My Favorite Things


One thing I always think of during the spring to create is baskets.  There is just something special about a flowery basket to celebrate the fresh and new of the season, but I must admit I have always had a thing for baskets.  I finally had to put a stop to my basket buying as I was running out of room for them.  Today while I was putting some of my crafting supplies away I spied the gorgeous pad of Graphic 45 paper and just had to take a minute to go through every piece that I have left in this pad to admire them.  The Couture line has quickly become one of my favorite new lines from G45.  Tonight I had some free time and wanted to make a basket so of course I grabbed that paper I had looked at earlier.  Paper baskets are easier to find a place for, right?  As I completed the assembling of it, I kept thinking it needed a finishing touch around the edge so I grabbed some Prima flowers that I have had in my stash for quite a while now.  I figured it was time to stop hoarding them and use them even though they are the last ones I have which makes me a little sad.  They do go perfectly with this and many of the G45 papers so there was no thinking twice about adding them to finish this project off.

I plan on putting this beautiful little basket on my desk and using to keep some of my favorite small crafting items in.  That is once I can find my desk again amongst all of my works in progress and hopefully as it sits there it will bring a little feeling of spring that we seem to still be waiting on outside.   I know it will surely brighten my day every time I sit down to have some creative time. 

Happy Crafting Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment